Friday, May 10, 2013

THANK YOU ST. ANTHONY


I was named after St. Anthony of Padua, having been born on June 12, a day before the feast of St. Anthony which happens to be June 13. My mom was a very spiritual person and had this devotion to St.Anthony (and other saints as well). As a little girl, I remember every Tuesday she would attend mass at the St. Anthony church in Sampaloc, Manila and sometimes I would tag along.

Early on I knew I was named after St.Anthony, which explains my very close affiliation with him, being one of my favorite saints ( the other being St. Michael). My mom used to tell me to invoke his help whenever I have to look for objects / things which I might have lost or misplaced, him being the Patron Saint for lost objects. Over the years, I have been seeking his help and he has never failed me.

About a couple of days ago, I was looking for my passport as I needed to have it renewed. I looked for it in the envelope where I keep my personal documents but it wasn't there. I was sure I kept it there as I had been checking the contents of this envelope from time to time. I searched my other envelopes, drawers, files, but still  no sight of my passport. After being exhausted from searching, not to mention stressed at the same time since I don't want to go thru the hassle of applying for a replacement, I finally decided it was time to ask for St. Anthony's help.  Please take note that I only ask for his help after I have exhausted every possible means to locate whatever I lost.

After only about 10 minutes after I prayed to him, I saw a brown envelope without any label on it. I was curious on its contents so I opened it, and lo and behold, my passport was there. I don't even remember having made a separate envelope for my passport. I immediately thanked St. Anthony for not letting me down again. Suddenly it dawned on me that it was Tuesday, the particular day of the week in his honor. No wonder I got an immediate response from him. I have a feeling that has something to do with how fast he responds. Sometimes, it takes an hour or longer before he grants my requests, but if it happens on a Tuesday, the response is immediate.

I have recommended him to my friends as well, and they tell me that it has worked for them too. I always remind them though, to exert all efforts first to locate what they lost before they ask for his help.

I wish I had the power of my namesake, but since I don't, I could only help people find their lost things by recommending St. Anthony to them.

Try it, you'd be surprised at the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment