Sunday, August 2, 2009

THIS MADE MY DAY

I was watching the mass for President Aquino at La Salle Greenhills this morning when the message alert of my cell phone sounded. Obviously it came from someone I did not know because it was just a number that appeared. I noticed it was quite a long message. It was not one of those erroneously sent messages though because it began with " Good morning mam Tonette".

Curiously I started reading the message and I was surprised that it came from a taxi driver whose daughter was sideswiped by a car last Saturday and needed to have an operation on her head. I do not know this guy personally. This unfortunate information was just relayed to me by another driver who used to bring and pick me up from the office when I was still with SMC.

Touched by the misfortune that befell the family, I extended some financial help. It was just a minimal amount but at least it would help in their expenses. I soon forgot all about it (as I usually do) until I received the text message this morning from the father. He said in behalf of his family, they would like to offer their gratitude for the help I gave them. He said it meant a lot to them and saved his daughter's life. I told him to keep on updating me about his daughter's condition.

I am glad Jesus once again gave me the chance to be of help to others. I am so thankful I was used as an instrument again to save the life of this little girl.

It was just a simple text but I was so touched by his message.

It truly made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment