Sunday, July 26, 2009

LOOKING AT SUFFERING AS A BLESSING

Do you sometimes wonder why it is the good and almost faultless people who undergo a lot of suffering?

We are too familiar with lots of cases like these. Sometimes we can't help but ask why? Why them? Do they deserve this? I have heard a lot of people question this, even taking it as some sort of a punishment. They ask why God allowed these things to happen when these people had remained true to their faith, and had been good Christians all their lives.

Please bear in mind that it is not for us to question God's will. Of course God is aware of everything we do, and He is definitely not a revengeful God either. He has his reasons which maybe too complicated for us to comprehend.

I can only surmise that perhaps it is because He knows too well that these are the people who can endure all the suffering without blaming Him. He also knows too well that whatever happens, they will never turn their backs on their faith. Can you imagine if this happened to people of lesser faith? I'm sure they would have turned their backs on God.

I sometimes look at pain as a blessing because it allows us to share in the suffering that Jesus went through. Sometimes when I watch movies about the life and passion of Jesus and I am reminded of the suffering He had to endure for us, I get depressed that I was not able to help Him. And to think that every time we ask for his help, he is always there for us. So unfair.

I have something to share with you. Next time you undergo pain, be it physical or emotional, offer your pain to Jesus and you will see that the pain will not be so much to bear because He is helping you carry your cross. (Something I regretfully wasn't able to do for Him.)

I have experienced this a lot of times and believe me, it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment