Monday, September 7, 2009

LETTER TO MAMA MARY

My Dearest Mama Mary,

Tomorrow will be another red letter day for me as we will be celebrating your birthday once again. Happy Birthday dearest Mama!

Just like in previous years, I will start my day by attending mass in your honor and together with the rest of the parishioners will be singing a birthday song for you.

I know that will please you, but once again I am in a predicament because I can't really think of an appropriate gift for you. I know you are not expecting anything but I still want to give you something, I just don't know what.

As has always been the case, it always ends up the other way around with you giving me a gift instead.

I know I make you happy when I pray the rosary everyday the moment I wake up. I also know that you get hurt, and I have asked forgiveness several times, when I sometimes get inattentive while reciting the Hail Marys with the flimsy excuse that it's being repetitious makes me lose my concentration. Being the doting mother that you are to me, I know you could only smile and accept my faults. Also, I always wear your scapular because I believe in your promise that whoever dies wearing this will not suffer from eternal fire.

I try my best to be the perfect daughter that you want me to be, but I am sorry that sometimes I disappoint you.

I am very much aware how much you love me, that oftentimes you give in to my requests even though you know that it is not proper maybe, just so you could dry away my tears.

Despite all these, I know that you are proud of me whenever you see me being selfless and being compassionate to the less privileged, traits you have instilled in me.

As I always tell you every night, it is your hand that I want to hold when I take my last breath for I want you to be the one to guide me on my final journey and lead me to my Best Friend, Jesus.

Happy Birthday my dearest Mama. I love you so much.

Your loving daughter,

Tonette

No comments:

Post a Comment