Tuesday, September 8, 2009

POSTSCRIPT TO YESTERDAY'S LETTER TO MAMA MARY

Dearest Mama Mary,

It's me again. Happy Birthday once more.

This morning as I promised you, I went to Greenbelt chapel to attend the mass in honor of your birthday. We sang a birthday song for you.

I was saddened though when I saw that a great majority of the people there brought flowers and gave it to you while you were standing at the altar. There were even balloons for you, while I did not have a flower to offer you, much more a gift.

My sadness turned to gladness however when the priest said during his homily that we are all beautiful, for how can we not be if our mother is the most beautiful woman in the universe. He said it follows that if the mother is beautiful, her children will be beautiful as well.

It makes me happy to know that I am beautiful too. I know it is impossible for me to be physically beautiful as you, but I hope character wise I could be. I am really trying to be.

This morning your love and concern for me was very evident once more.

It was not raining yet when I went to the chapel. After the mass, it was raining so hard that I had to stay inside first because I couldn't go out yet. I was standing by one of the chapel's entrances waiting for the rain to stop when the security guard from the nearby Greenbelt 5 Mall saw me and got his big golf umbrella to ferry me from the chapel to the mall.

I knew it was through your intercession that made him do that because you would not want me to get sick. Here you are supposed to be enjoying your birthday, your roses and your balloons, but still showing your concern for me as any mom would.

Thank you very much for your love. I know I don't deserve it but you unselfishly give it to me.

I know you said you will always be there for me and will never leave me. For that I will always be grateful.

I love you so much even though sometimes it doesn't seem so.

Your daughter,

Tonette

No comments:

Post a Comment