Sunday, July 19, 2009

RAIN THERAPHY

The rains have stopped. Finally after days of rain and flood, I saw the sun timidly peeping out from the horizon this morning.

What is it about the rain that so entices me?

I love rainy days, except when it transforms into storms that destroy property or even lives.

I look at the rain as more of a blessing than a misfortune. For without it, there would be no nourishment for our plants and rice fields, and no replenishment of our water supply.

I love looking out from my window and seeing and hearing the rain falling on the ground. To me it's therapeutic. I also love the smell of a rain-drenched soil.

I wrote my first poem ( a tribute to my mom ) on a stormy afternoon. I was in high school then and classes were suspended due to a storm. For lack of anything to do, I started scribbling notes on my note pad without realizing that I was already writing a poem. That started my passion for writing. The sound of rain inspires me to write even more.

So when rains come, don't feel sad. Welcome it with open arms. After all, heavy rains are like challenges in life. We shouldn't ask for lighter rain, just a bigger and better umbrella.

By the way, do you know the saddest quote said by the funniest man ever born on this planet ( Charlie Chaplin)? " I always like walking in the rain, so no one can see me crying. "

I'll take note of that.

Next time I feel like crying, I'll wait for the rains to fall to hide away my tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment